I've been working from home for over 3 months now. I had an office setup already in place for working my freelance jobs so the transition was fairly easy. I have developed a new daily routine that keeps me focused on my work as well as allowing me to have regular breaks and take time for myself. Here's how a typical weekday for me looks... 6.45am: Wake up. Shortly before lockdown started, we got a black Labrador from Finland called Vauhti. We traveled to London to collect him from Heathrow having our original plan to collect him by boat/car. He usually wakes us up at 6.45am every day, tail wagging, waiting for his walk. I sometimes take him to a nearby park where he can have a good run and it gives us a chance to get some exercise and enjoy nature. My favourite route is to go to a local reservoir which is more secluded and I get to walk along a river. I've never been particularly outdoorsy, but since we got Vauhti, I spent much of my day outside and have grown to love it. L...
I'm suffering from anxiety at the moment and have had to take some time out to get myself better. The past year has been hard for everyone and I've managed to get through it but the past few months have been particularly hard and I've had to take a break. I found myself having regular headaches, often as soon as I woke up. Sleeping has been hard and nightmares are quite regular. I struggled to concentrate at work and started to feel tired and grumpy a lot. Feeling like this for months at a time was exhausting and I could feel myself diving into a dark hole. After a while, the most basic and simplest of tasks became hard. I started to have heart palpitations and would get into a negative loop which would leave me paralysed with anxiety. I decided to take time out to get myself better. I realise it will be a long journey but I feel I have taken the first step to recovering. Speaking to a councillor is very helpful, just knowing somebody understands how you feel and can help y...
I'm back in work after 5 glorious days in Finland last week. I'm happy to be back at work, diving into some design work, feeling refreshed and re-energised from my trip, but I'm also missing Finland once again. We spent most of our time in Espoo catching up with friends and family and enjoying obscene amounts of cinnamon buns, coffee and, of course, enjoying sauna. We crammed a lot into 5 days, here's a brief overview of our 5 days in Finland... 1. Wednesday So we arrived late Thursday night. After a midnight feast of macaroni box, we headed off to the 24hour Prisma to buy a few bits and pieces, mostly tasty snacks to scoff before we headed to bed. The following morning we took Gapu for a walk around Espoo, calling at the local Alepa for more tasty snacks! In the afternoon we went to Helsinki University where Tuomas was giving a lecture. I sat in the back with his parents trying to understand extremely advanced mathematics. The post-lecture pizza and drinks...
Comments
Post a Comment